H.E. Garvin Edward Timothy Nicholas, High Commissioner
Garvin Nicholas arrived in the United Kingdom as High Commissioner for Trinidad and Tobago on 5th December 2010. Garvin is also Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Denmark, Finland, Germany, Norway and Sweden.
Garvin was educated at Trinity College, Moka, Trinidad and Tobago and Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, England where he read law. He continued his legal training at the Inns of Court School of Law, London and was called to the Bar of England and Wales at the Inner Temple, London.
- Press Secretary, Government of Trinidad and Tobago 2010
- Political Leader of the Movement for National Development 2007-2010
- Temporary Senator, Upper House of Parliament of Trinidad and Tobago 2003
- Local Government Councillor, Chairman of the Finance and General Purposes Committee and Convenor of the By-Laws Committee, Diego Martin Regional Corporation 1992-1996
- Member of the Bar of England and Wales
- Member of the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago
- Member of the Bar of the Supreme Court of the Easter Caribbean (Anguilla)
- Past President and Paul Harris Fellow of the Rotary Club of Port of Spain West
Married to Dr. Nicola Alcala with son Alexei
Enjoys golf, football and scuba diving